TangoGPS and GPSD

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 15:51:21 CEST 2008

Does the gpsd have the right device in /etc/defaults/gpsd?

It is /dev/tty/SAC0 thus:
GPS_DEV="/dev/ttySAC1"

To test the gpsd you can do from your desktop:

nc 192.168.0.202 2947

then type 'r' and hit enter.

Looks like this then:

~$ nc 192.168.0.202 2947
GPSD,R=1
$GPTXT,01,01,01,PSRF inv format*2B
$GPTXT,01,01,01,PGRM inv format*34
$GPTXT,01,01,01,PFEC inv format*2C
$GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,,N*53
$GPVTG,,,,,,,,,N*30
$GPGGA,,,,,,0,00,99.99,,,,,,*48
$GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,99.99,99.99,99.99*30
$GPGSV,1,1,00*79
$GPGLL,,,,,,V,N*64
$GPZDA,,,,,00,00*48

gpsd uses 8-10% CPU here.