Making use of calendar

Sören Apel abraxa at dar-clan.de
Sun Jul 6 16:48:17 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 12:03 +0200, Esben Damgaard wrote:
> If I where to make a program that could add/remove/edit items in the
> calendar on the phone, how could this be done?

Unfortunately, this is a moving target at this point.

See http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenmokoFramework
and http://www.neo1973-germany.de/wiki/pyPimd

> Should I only use the framework (when mature), or should I modify files
> directly?

As much as I'd like you to use the framework, it's simply not possible
as this point. I know that it seems like I'm not being productive,
however I merely don't want to confuse anyone with an API that is still
undergoing changes as needed.

That said, an API for the calendar won't appear until later this year
since the focus lies on phonebook/messages for now. For this reason I'd
recommend using an abstracted EDS implementation - eds-dbus comes to
mind. With that, altering your d-bus calls to make use of the new PIM
daemon should be relatively pain-free.

 -Soeren