Reading SIM card contacts (was [Fwd: about openmoko input method])

Bobby Martin bobbymartin2 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 23:03:12 CEST 2008

> From: xiangfu <xiangfu at openmoko.org>
> there are another two question:
> 1. where is the code of read SIM card contacts. i want it can read Chinese.
>  there is some different between English and Chinese store in SIM card.

I wrote a python script to do this; you can get it at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Import_Sim_Contacts

It doesn't specifically handle internationlization.  I don't know if
libgsmdtool will stream internationalized characters, or even if
python streams i18n characters correctly by default.  It would at
least be a starting place.  The script inserts the contacts using the
2007.2 dbus interface; you would need to change it to target another
database.

If you do have to change it, I would love to have the code updates :-)
 I need to get this into projects.openmoko.org...

The code is availble under GPL v2.0, although I still need to get that
into the code itself.

There was also some code written by a Chinese fellow that is (I think)
integrated into the 2007.2 contacts application.  It did handle i18n.
It should just be an option in the 2007.2 contacts application...

Bobby

--
If it doesn't make you smile, you're doing something wrong.