Making use of calendar

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Mon Jul 7 16:54:46 CEST 2008

Sören Apel wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 12:03 +0200, Esben Damgaard wrote:
>> If I where to make a program that could add/remove/edit items in the
>> calendar on the phone, how could this be done?
>
> Unfortunately, this is a moving target at this point.
>
>> I heard ASU isn't using the same (Evolution) system as on the om2007.2.
>> Then what? And what will the framework be able to do?
>
> See http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenmokoFramework
> and http://www.neo1973-germany.de/wiki/pyPimd

Regarding this.
Why not just use EDS as it is? I don't seem to get what this will
additionally provide over EDS. Since it will (hopefully) be based on EDS.
Is it just to not come in conteact with the evolution API directly? Like
some unwanted dependency to glib?

Maybe someone can give me a hint what the benefit of pyPimd would be
over plain EDS? (Embedded EDS)
D-Bus alone does not sound like a selling point for me.

Tanks