TangoGPS and GPSD

Chris lists at proquariat.de
Mon Jul 7 22:18:08 CEST 2008

Marcus Bauer wrote:
> The question remains what the problem is? There are several reports now
> on the community list with people saying getting no fix or taking
> unreasonably long under good conditions. Kai Römer has six GTA02 and
> sees this problem on all of them.
same goes for me, I just don't get a fix with the internal antenna of my 
freerunner. I tried the agps-tool described here [1], and the tool 
proposed by Al Johnson [2]. Both set the time, but still no fix where I 
had a fix before. Strange thing is the output:


It says there are 11 sattelites and it is currently connected to 3 of 
them, but there's no strength (the missing number between ,,).

Another strange observation I made: If I connect an external antenna 
it's no problem to get a fix in less than 120sec, most of the time in 
less than 40 seconds.  If  I disconnect the antenna,  the  freerunner 
has no problems  maintaining the fix, within some seconds it reconnects 
to the 9 or 10 sattelites it found before.

I don't really know if it's a software- or hardware-issue, I wouldn't 
mind some soldering. But the GPS as it is right now is simply unusable.

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA02_GPS
[2] http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-July/020772.html

More information about the openmoko-devel mailing list