Current Bootchart

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Tue Jul 8 19:38:03 CEST 2008

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 18:05:31 +0100 Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> babbled:

> | On Wednesday, 9. July 2008 00:40:25 Fred Chien wrote:
> |> 3. sdio_wlan needs 1 sec or ?:
> |> 4. ar6000 needs 1 sec or?
> |
> | Both are part of the wifi driver. Currently I'm wokring on that and I
> think we
> | will make it a module and not load it at boot time. Holger mentionned
> a SD
> | card problem we might run into. Any other objections ?
>
> What's the SD card issue?
>
> Otherwise sounds fine to make it a module.  You can't use NFS rootfs on
> it AFAIK due to needing association sorted out first, that was the only
> reason I could think to keep it in monolithic kernel for normal use.

imho everything we can make a module - should be. sd card drivers, all fs
handling other than jffs2, sysfs and procfs, wifi, etc. etc.

yes - you can't  boot the sd kernel off sd card then with rootfs there, but
root on sd is not something our production systems need. we can change the
packaging to build 2 kernels, 1 modular, 1 monolithic for kernel devs to
quickly test things with.