Current Bootchart / breaking SD boot

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Jul 8 23:44:48 CEST 2008

Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> 1. we dont ship with that uboot menu - or we shouldnt be. the uboot env i know
> we ship waits 3 seconds then just boots.

Huh ? Last time I checked, we very much did. It's the menu you get when
you press and hold POWER and then press and hold AUX.

> remember i said to build DIFFERENT images.

Being able to have different images for different purposes is nice,
but we have to be careful about having just too many different ways
to run the system. Otherwise, it gets hard to reproduce problems
that other people are seeing, slowing down problem resolution or
even preventing it.

- Werner