problem with toolchain- want to cross-compile lincity

Arne Zachlod zachso at arcor.de
Wed Jul 9 00:06:28 CEST 2008

Hey guys,

i downloaded lincity 1.13.1 today from sf.net and wanted to
cross-compile it with the om-toolkit, but i get errors (yes, i expected
this ;)). I did the following:
1. unzipped the source
2. renamed the dir to lincity
3. copied autogen.sh from the openmoko sample2 into the lincity dir
4. run "om-conf lincity"
5. run ./autogen.sh (here i do get the first error, but i thinks that
shouldn't be the problem)
6. run "make" (here is the fatal error what's the bigger problem)

error 1 seems like this:

Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode ...
configure: loading site script /usr/local/openmoko/arm/site-config
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... ccache arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv4t
-mtune=arm920t
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C
compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.

I think that's all what is interesting. but i think thats no prolem,
because its no problem in the sample, too (there i do get the same error).

second error, that one after "make" is this:

libtool: link: cannot find the library
`/space/fic/openmoko-daily/openmoko/staging/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libz.la'
or unhandled argument
`/space/fic/openmoko-daily/openmoko/staging/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libz.la'

the point is, i don't know why he needs this lib and why it should be
there? i have no dir /space and no libz.la file in my
openmoko-toolchain, but i do have a libz.a, so what do i have to do? I'm
no c-expert or Makefile-expert, i know a litte bit, not more, but i'm a
fan of lincity and freeciv and i want them on my phone, so can anyone
help here? I would like to port them for openmoko, because I do love
both games.

thanks a lot, regards,

arne