Current Bootchart / breaking SD boot

Marcelo marcelo.magallon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 00:21:31 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Mike (mwester) <mwester at dls.net> wrote:

> And pulling the battery out too (no current user-space images of which
> I am aware actually power down the GSM, so if you aren't pulling out
> the battery, you're not in "airplane mode"!!)

 Most consumer electronics in this category don't really power down,
 even if you press the physical "power off" button.  A tiny bit of the
 system is still running to do miscellaneous stuff.  ARM9 processors
 like the one in the OpenMoko have a sleep mode that freezes the system
 state, but it's otherwise "on".

 I have always wondered about the real reason behind asking people to
 turn off phones during take off and landing.  Recently I heard that
 it's actually only one of the cases that matters, I think it was
 landing.  Once I forgot that I had dropped my phone in my backpack even
 before leaving out for the airport and I realised this only when I
 arrived at my final destination.  I wondered how often that kind of
 thing happens to people all over the world.

 Marcelo