Display images with a least 10 fps

Timo Drick timo at drick.de
Thu Jul 10 02:48:35 CEST 2008

Hi all,

i want to display images on the Freerunner with a rate of at least 10
frames per second.
I make some tests with pygame and pygtk. With pygtk i got maximal 2-3
frames per second. So i developed a gtk c application to show an image
but it is not smooth and do not reach a higher rate.
I use GtkImage to display the image.

Is there another lib to draw images at a high rate directly to the
framebuffer for openmoko? Anyone a hint how to display images?

I attached the code to this mail do anyone have an optimization?

compile:
gcc small.c -o small $(pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0 gthread-2.0)

best regards
        Timo