How can I intercept the AUX button?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Thu Jul 10 14:41:12 CEST 2008

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:39:36 +0300 "Paul-Valentin Borza"
<paulvalentin at borza.ro> babbled:

> Can anyone tell me how can I intercept the AUX button (i.e. detect when the
> AUX is pressed and when it's not)?
> I need a button in order to train the classifiers on the Neo; for the Wii
> I've used the A button.
> The models don't need pushing any buttons when they're being trained,
> because motion is detected with the classifiers.

AUX is a key in X. the problem is it probably has already been captured by
the window manager for things like managing apps or the overall "system". you
can lock out the wm's key grabs by grabbing the whole keyboard - this does mean
though that any system management bound to those keys will cease to work.

my suggestion is to ignore the buttons - there are only 2 and they are
already allocated for tasks to manage apps (eg flip applications, close them,
bring up an app menu, lock the screen etc. all depending which image you use).

use a button widget on the touchscreen. leave the hardware ones alone - too few
of them :(