Doc Confusion re Source for FSO?

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Thu Jul 10 19:22:59 CEST 2008

Hi, I'm trying to get back into OM after seeing FSO and getting excited about
it again.  FSO milestone 1 is running great here on a gta01, and for the first
time I am able to make and receive phone calls and the phone runs for hours
without the battery going dead.

So as a first step I would like to rebuild FSO milestone 1 and then start
tweaking it, adding back in the missing support for the SD card and NFS
client.  But I'm finding the docs to be mixed up still, at a very basic level.

1. MokoMakefile comes with:

      OM_GIT_BRANCH=org.openmoko.dev

    but the instructions at the following wiki page:

      http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/MokoMakefile

    say to change that to:

      OM_GIT_BRANCH=org.openembedded.dev

    Where is the actual source code for FSO being kept these days, OM or OE?

2. When running "make setup" for a fresh environment, I see that it does a lot
of SVN checkouts of OM-2007.2 before getting to the stage of selecting ASU,
FSO or GTK.  Is it really necessary to pull down stuff that may not be used?

3. On Micky's blog, Mickey says that Rod has added "framework-image" as a
target to get an FSO build, but there is no such target.  There is an "fso"
target though.

Thanks for any help,

-Jeff