importing SIM contacts, dbus over ssh

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Thu Jul 10 23:31:48 CEST 2008

I finally got the script running mentioned here:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Import_Sim_Contacts

to import all SIM card contacts into the neo.

As written there, it is not possible to launch the script from an ssh
session because dbus cannot find its session via X11.
I copied the DBUS session Id from the Neo's console to the
ssh session, and then python-dbus interaction runs fine.

Neo console:
set | grep DBUS > /home/root/x

ssh session:
export `cat /home/root/x`

Apart from this hacking I would like to fill the contacts database
automatically from an intranet SQL server, which for sure will arise the
same problem again.
Is there some idea about this issue?

Regards,
Alex.