Bug #1267, any news ?

Julien Cassignol ainulindale at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 00:15:10 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

I just had my FreeRunner, and tried to phone some people. Each and
every one of them told me either of the two following things,
depending on my settings :

1) My voice was too low, and there was a buzzing
2) There was a big echo

I saw on trac that this bug was notified some time ago (#1267), and I
was wondering where were we about this issue, as it seems to me it's a
major issue, which brings us to the fact that a phone with poor
telephony abilities isn't really a phone...

I hope there's a solution which wouldn't imply some hardware
modifications, but as I'm not as good in signal processing as I would
like to be, I guess it's up to other people to tell me what's possible
and what's not.

--
Julien Cassignol