Any standard way to separate between Neo and FreeRunner?

Audrius Meskauskas audriusa at bluewin.ch
Sat Jul 12 13:50:27 CEST 2008

GPS Sight currently has releases both for Neo1973 and for FreeRuner.
Some parts of the code must behave differently for these two phones. For
instance, on Neo gllin must be started and the NMEA pipe is in another
place. While some "abstract layer" is likely to be created in the
future, it would be good to have a standard way to identify in which
phone the software is running.

Do we have something like that in a place like /etc ? If we do not,
should we consider defining this rather than checking random places in
the file system that may cause far more incompatibility problems?

P.S. GPS Sight bug that we mentioned in the previous message is now
fixed. Thanks all contributors for input.

Audrius