SHR: Where I am on getting 2007.2 M stuff running on FSO

Bobby Martin bobbymartin2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 20:07:20 CEST 2008

I know really only shr folks care about this, but I thought some of you who
know something about FSO and/or 2007.2 could point out stupidity if you see
it :-)

I installed an FSO MS 1 image on my gta01, and made sure that it runs
properly.  I created a directory called 2007.2 that holds the rootfs from a
2007.2 install.

Then:
cp 2007.2/etc/matchbox/session to it
cp 2007.2/usr/bin/matchbox-session to it
comment out phonekit
mv /usr/bin/x-window-manager /usr/bin/x-window-manager.fso
ln -s /usr/bin/matchbox-session /usr/bin/x-window-manager
opkg install openmoko-common2 openmoko-contacts2 openmoko-dialer2
openmoko-icon-theme-standard2 openmoko-mediaplayer2 openmoko-messages2
openmoko-panel-battery openmoko-panel-bt openmoko-panel-clock
openmoko-panel-gps openmoko-panel-gsm openmoko-panel-memory
openmoko-panel-usb openmoko-session2 openmoko-tasks2 openmoko-terminal2
openmoko-today2
opkg install matchbox-panel-2 neod
/etc/init.d/gsmd stop
rm /etc/rc*/*gsmd*
/etc/init.d/x* stop
/usr/bin/matchbox-session

The last failure I got was ** (openmoko-today:1401): WARNING **: Failed to
get dbus connection: dbus-launch failed to autolaunch D-Bus session:
Autolaunch requested, but X11 support not compiled in.
Cannot continue.

There's a recent post on openmoko-devel about how to fix that.  It's just a
matter of getting the dbus env variable set properly.  The other missing
thing is getting Julien's phonekit adapter running on FSO, and you may need
to either fix openmoko-panel-gsm or remove it from the matchbox/session
config (I would try the latter first).

Gotta go spend family time now, I recommend coordinating in #openmoko-cdevel
if you find time to work on this stuff.

Later!
Bobby

--
If it doesn't make you smile, you're doing something wrong.