GSoC Accelerometer-based Gestures Update 7

Paul-Valentin Borza paulvalentin at borza.ro
Sun Jul 13 17:23:58 CEST 2008

I have started working on the graphical user interface for the training
application.
The training application will work in two modes: console mode, and graphical
mode using GTK+. Unfortunately I couldn't understand E and how I see it,
there are definitely more GTK+ tutorials on the Web than E tutorials.
The user will also be able to create its own gestures by just moving the Neo
(you won't even need to press or enter anything when a gesture is created).
I had an application gesapp for the training, but this one will be replaced
by gesm (gesture manager) that is able to use the wii, the top accel or the
bottom accel only with arguments given at command line.
Almost forgot, I'm also working on the screen orientation. Screen
orientation will apply when static acceleration occurs and when enough
frames are classified as being in horizontal position, the screen will
change orientation by calling xrandr. I won't be using hmms for the screen
orientation; I'm going to use the same classifier as for static/dynamic
accel.

So, next week I should have a working training application with graphical
interface.
By the way, when the display is switched, the offsets aren't right; and
because of that when you push the screen at one point, it will interpret the
push as it happened in another place, and if there is a button in the other
place, that action will be made, instead of the desired one.

Paul

--
http://www.borza.ro