Display images with a least 10 fps

Timo Drick timo at drick.de
Sun Jul 13 20:22:43 CEST 2008

andrzej zaborowski schrieb:
> 2008/7/11 Timo Drick <timo at drick.de>:
>
>> The disk io is not my problem because the images streamed over network. But
>> i am not able to avoid the decoding and 16 bit resampling. So i have to use
>> smaller image and display size.
>>
>> Is there a chance that the cpu usage for the transfer from ram to video ram
>> could be decreased if the video 3d acceleration is working?
>>

> Nope, but you can easily pre-upload all the frames to video ram if
> there's a finite number of them and then only blit, in theory this
> would give up to about ~80fps at 640x480. A different thing you can do
> is do the resampling on the gpu.
>
> For both these things use the xv extension, Xglamo implements it on the gpu.
> Cheers

This sounds very interesting to me. I compiled the example code from
this wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_video_extension
The file is linked: http://bellet.info/XVideo/testxv.c

compiled without any problems and render the test image but the Xglamo
process takes all cpu power and the application crashed. (I think it
crashes because it is not able to finish 200 refreshs.)

I tryout some example with the python-evas binding:
python /usr/share/python-ecore/examples/ecore_evas/00-empty.py
python /usr/share/python-ecore/examples/ecore_evas/03-image.py

all examples crash with a segmentation fault after a while. (Nothing is
displayed :-( )

If anyone here in the list have example code how to upload a image to
the Xglamo with max performance plz. publish it.
I think it would be cool to establish a recipe wiki area where different
solutions for thinks like this could be published.

regards Timo