Ruby

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sun Jul 13 21:37:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am a big Ruby fan, not so much Python :(

I see that there is a Ruby dbus library, however the version opkg installs of ruby is 1.8.5 which is
pretty old, and it does not have the socket or thread libraries installed which are pretty much
standard and are required by the dbus library.

I'm willing to package up the latest stable release of ruby (1.8.6P111) and work on the socket and
thread libs, however I am new to the build tools, so whoever did this original package, if they are
no longer supporting it, could they send me what they did to get as far as they have? Anything to
bootstrap the process. cross building ruby is tricky at best, so any pointers would be great.

Thanks
Jim

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com