Problem with receiving Cell Broadcast messages

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at
Mon Jul 14 23:35:31 CEST 2008

Am Montag 14 Juli 2008 22:14:14 schrieb smurfy - phil:
> i have a Problem with receiving more than one Cellbroadcast after
> Antenna Powerup and the first register.
> (i should receive a Cell Broadcast every ~ 15 sec)
> i found a way to force another Cellbroadcast with the AT Commands:
> AT+CNMI=2,1,0,1,0
> and then
> AT+CNMI=2,1,2,1,0
> i tested cellbroadcasts with 2 different SIMs
> is this a problem of the gsm module or gsmd ?

No idea about the module, but gsmd is not to blame. I added cell broadcasting
support to ogsmd and see the same behaviour. How is this working on a lower
level? Where do you know the 15s from?