Problem with receiving Cell Broadcast messages

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Tue Jul 15 00:50:45 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag 15 Juli 2008 00:34:54 schrieb smurfy - phil:
> i already saw this (or something like that) on a website some days ago :)
>
> if i set
>
> AT%CBHZ=1
>
> i got an "OK".
>
> but i receive no cellbroadcast messages.  even if i do my "magic" two AT
> commands no new cellbroadcasts
> if i disable the command with
>
> AT%CBHZ=0
>
> and do my two commands again, i receive one cellbroadcast :)
>
> this thing is really strange ^^

Indeed. I should try walking around and see whether I receive frequent CBM on
cell change now or whether it's just my constant reregistrating that triggers
it.

Perhaps tomorrow if the weather is fine ;)

Seriously though, this is another case (same as #1024, but less critical)
where only low-level debugging (or monitoring with GNU radio?) the GSM could
really move us forward.

--
:M: