opkg issues. best way to run opkg

Emilis Dambauskas emilis.d at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 16:37:13 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Yohann (YC) Coppel <leppoc at gmail.com>

> The problem is that if I run the command by ssh, the connection is cut
> during the process:
> Restarting Dropbear SSH server: Connection to closed by
> remote host.
> .... and the upgrade is probably stopped as well.
> And if I run it from the terminal on the FR, the upgrade is stopped
> when X restarts at some point during the process.
> So, how should I run it ? (there are a lot of packages to be updated,
> running the command one package at a time is excluded)

My recipe:

1. open terminal in the phone
2. # opkg upgrade > upgrade.log &
3. ssh from your PC/laptop into the phone
4. # tail -f upgrade.log
5. If you are disconnected, just reconnect and run 4. again

This way you also get a log, which may be useful if something crashes.

Emilis Dambauskas

emilis.d at gmail.com
gsm: +370-686-07732

Version: 3.12
GAT/CC/MC/O dpu(-) s:- a- C++ UBLHS++ P(+) L+++ E--- W+++$ N+ o-- K? !w O?
M-@ V? PS+(--) PE Y+>++ PGP t- 5? X+@ R- !tv b+ DI++++ D G e++ h---- r+++