Simplifying the mixer

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue Jun 10 13:19:57 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 09:19:35PM -0700, Mike Montour wrote:

> The first is a kernel patch that adds dB information to the mixer
> controls, using values taken from the datasheets. If this metadata is
> present then alsamixer will calculate and display the actual dB gain of
> each control element in addition to the 0-100% scale. The overall gain
> for any audio path may be calculated by adding the dB values of each
> element in that path.

This looks good (much of it is a backport of the already present in
current mainline, done by Liam Girdwood and Philipp Zabel) so the kernel
side is:

Acked-by: Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>

Mike, could you please submit the stuff that isn't in mainline to me as
a separate patch (ideally split into one for the core, one for the codec
and one for the machine though that's not critical) with changelog
entries?