application for biking/fitness/training

Jens Meyer jm2 at jensmeyer.de
Tue Jun 10 13:46:29 CEST 2008

Hello all!

Your different suggestions and the provided information sound very
interesting!

I personally would prefer a chest strap (like with most heart rate
monitors for fitness) vs. ECG-sensors
(http://www.alivetec.com/products.htm) but this is a step in a good
direction.

I will do some further investigation later.
Actually I know that the German health insurance company "Barmer"
started a project with "T-Systems" for mobile fitness which uses a
bluetooth heart rate sensor also (but GPS is also included).

shop with bluetooth heart rate sensor (German):
http://www.ignition-shop.de/Webroot/Specials/MFCampaign/MobileFitness.html

project page (German):
https://mobile-fitness.barmer.de/

Kind regards,