Fwd: GSoC Accelerometer-based Gestures Update 3

Paul-Valentin Borza paulvalentin at borza.ro
Mon Jun 16 07:45:03 CEST 2008

Forgot to reply to all.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul-Valentin Borza <paulvalentin at borza.ro>
Date: Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:44 AM
Subject: Re: GSoC Accelerometer-based Gestures Update 3
To: Joseph Jon Booker <joe at neoturbine.net>

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Joseph Jon Booker <joe at neoturbine.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 15:51:12 +0300
> "Paul-Valentin Borza" <paulvalentin at borza.ro> wrote:
>> In currently working on gesture training to change the types to
>> double. Another thing I miss is Matlab (which I don't have on Ubuntu)
>> and can't seem to find it anywhere.
>> However, I've found Mathematica on Linux - I'm not familiar with
>> Mathematica, but this one seems to have a better syntax and it draws
>> antialiased plots (Matlab can't do antialias unfortunately).
>
> Matlab has versions for x86 and amd64. Both have overlapping
> capabilities, but Mathematica is more geared towards analytical work
> (as opposed to raw number crunching of Matlab).
>
> I don't know how the licenses work, but surely a Matlab Windows license
> is equivalent to a Linux one, right?
>
> --
> Joseph Booker

Licenses are surely equivalent, but I don't have a license :) We've
used Matlab in school, that's why I continued to work with Matlab.
Funny thing is that our university has licenses for Matlab for use in
the laboratories, but we the students have to somehow get Matlab,
without a license. Or with a license if a student wants to pay the
license price.
I've worked with Matlab at Probability and Statistics and Numerical
Calculus courses.

--
http://www.borza.ro

--