GSoC Project

Frederik Sdun frederik.sdun at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 23 23:09:45 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

I am Frederik Sdun from Offenburg, Germany and work on the flexible
answering machine[0] during GSoc. My Mentor is Thomas Wood. Here is my
first status update:

0) read documentation of gpsd, gsmd, ... and learning vala
1) planing the object structure [1]
2) implementing the baseclasses an compiled to a lib (marked blue)

the last 2 nights i wrote a small UI-Prototype. it has some issues with the size of some widgets. it is only for the base contruct.
I tried to comply with the UI guidelines. screenshots could be found on [4][5][6]

on going:
-creating vapi files for gps, gsm, lib
-creating the GUI for basics dialogs
-implementing first modules (rule: time, action: runcommand)

more modules are planned:

i started a smal blog on wordprerules:
        Time:
                - starttime
                -endtime
                -active days
        GPS:
                -coordinates and a distance
        Calendar:
                - type of the entry
actions:
        Run Command:
                - command on beginning
                - command at the end
        Answer Call and Asterisk:
                - Record message
                - play current message
                - should i add filters for callers/groups?
                - don't know if MokoTTS is already usable and understanable

        Send SMS:
                - A Message with defined replacement for name, first name,...ss [2] where i might say sth about
progress and post some screenshots.

if you want to view some source you might want to have a look on [3]

cheers and good night
Frederik

[0]http://code.google.com/soc/2008/openmoko/appinfo.html?csaid=DC9C5314CA5BC12F
[1]http://v1187.ncsrv.de/classes.jpeg