Charlie's Weekly Report

Guillaume Chereau charlie at openmoko.org
Fri Jun 27 09:24:55 CEST 2008

My weekly report :

== Freesmartphone ==

* All the framework daemons have been merged into a single executable,
using a plug-in structure. So in the git repository the important
project is now there :
http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=framework.git;a=tree
I modified my preferences service to make it part of this new framework
structure.

* Continued working on the preferences service.

* The framework GSM service is already ready to use. People are
encouraged to start to write applications using it. I wrote a small
tutorial on how to use the GSM service from python :
http://www.freesmartphone.org/index.php/Tutorials/GSM_python

== Tichy, the python applets manager for OpenMoko ==

* Added a simple dialer applet. Using the framework GSM service it can
make outgoing calls.

* A few minors updates and bug fixes.

The code can still be retrieved from svn :
svn checkout svn://svn.projects.openmoko.org/svnroot/tichy

You need python2.5, python-dbus, python-gobject, and python-pygame to
run it.

== Plans for next week ==

* Start the Profiles service for the framework. The idea is to be able
to define the current profile from a set a rules. See the wiki page done
by Steve Crossley :
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Proposal_for_context_management

* Make tichy better looking, using icons and better styles.

* Add support for incoming calls in tichy.

-Charlie