No subject

Sat Jun 21 10:29:29 CEST 2008

isn't quite as free as it thinks it is, with checks often finding
hidden restrictive clauses etc.

As far as hardware goes, I just mean that whilst checking all other
licences, it would also be important to ensure everything else that is
meant to be free, would be free.

When I co-ordinated this work at gNewsense, I created several tables,
that held data/ licence info.  I then encouraged people to help check
the software.

When questionable licences were found, the maintainer/ author was
contacted, or a solution expedited by other means.

As a means of keeping tabs on things, I organised for statistics to be
automatically produced weekly, so we could see who was contributing
most (so they could receive praise), and also so that we could check
our progress towards 100% freedom.

Hope that clarifies somewhat.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/