Phonebook on SIM card

Chia-I Wu olv at openmoko.org
Sat Mar 1 06:53:10 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 08:37:19AM +0000, Andy Powell wrote:
> if you delete a contact from the *phone* it should NOT delete it from the
> SIM!!
> General practice on every phone I've used has been that you perform actions on
> either the SIM or phone 'memory' and do remove / change something on the SIM
> you select that as the 'db' you're working with. I think just deleting from
> the SIM when deleting om contacts would be a mistake.
My phone mixes contacts from the phone and the sim.  It has a small icon
next to each entry indicating where the entry is from, phone or sim.  It
also allows movement of an entry between these two storages.

For performance and convience (of developers), I think entries on the
sim should be imported to the phone.  But we can put a flag on these
entries indicating that changes made to them should be propagated back
(to certain level, since EDS can store more information than the sim) to
the sim.  This flag can also be used by the UI for visual feedbacks.

--
Regards,
olv