OpenMoko Initialization

Francesco Albanese frances.albanese at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 10:57:40 CET 2008

Hello,
it's a couple of weeks that I've started to have a look to OpenMoko.
Now I am wondering why everything runs with root privileges. Has
anybody taken into account the possibility to revert the standard
account isolation model ? What is not going to work anymore if I start
an instance of the graphical environment as unprivileged user   ?
It is trivial to say that having all the programs running at maximum
privilege level could be very troublesome in the future.

Cheers