Usability Review of OpenMoko GTK+ Applications

Piotr Duda openmoko at nemezis.eu
Wed Mar 12 01:10:53 CET 2008

Marcus Bauer pisze:
[....]

>>> So far everyone told me that this is a cool feature missing on all other
>>> phones. I love it ;-)
>> Interesting, I guess I rarely look at my call history anyway. You can't
>> do any thing with it, so I don't really see what it's usefulness is.
>
> In a business context it is often very powerful to be able to say "I
> called you on XXX at YYY and on XXX and YYY". Additionally I would like
> to be able to click on a call and add a note to it.

Exactly! I hate phones which remember only time of last call to specific person.
I dont know how about the others but my dream, ideal phone should have two views:
- one in a context of contacts with specific person (its great that OM has one :-)
- second - chronological order of all last calls with additional tabs for outgoing
only, incoming only (with some additional icons showing if call was received or
missed), missed only
The first view should remember:
- some configurable number of last calls to specific person
- some configurable number of aliases to last sms/mms send/received to/from specific person
   (only in first view)
- possibility to add notes to history entry (it forces to remember this entry longer or
forever)
As for the second one it would be nice to also have some possibility to configure number
of entries to remember and in case of need option for grouping calls of a person, although
I wouldnt like it as it ruins chronology...

regards...
Piotr