help with slow boot times, anyone? ;)

Magnus Deininger magnus.deininger at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Sat Mar 15 00:41:13 CET 2008

Quoting "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" <mail at 3v1n0.net>:

> This seems really cool...! Btw, How long does it take the boot process
> using other inits (I mean, by default) in that machine?

Well, the defaults for most of the machines we tried it on were a
rough 60-80 seconds to get to GDM or KDE login prompt, so it's quite
the improvement :).

> I totally agree, also if this phone is made for staying in suspend mode
> most of the time, this boot time isn't acceptable also if this part
> isn't optimized at all...
> I think that any way to improve this, would help the community...!

aye, and I do hope to help out with that. Can't stand it if good
projects have issues that i think i could resolve;).

> Qemu could help you in tests, also if it isn't a neo. If you're able to
> make eInit work on neo-qemu, please, let us know how it works and how
> much time you gain...

I'm still struggling with that a bit, so I'm doing most porting
efforts on an NSLU2, which should at least help with the basic code...