Hard to build "openmoko-devel-image"

John Lee john_lee at openmoko.com
Thu Mar 20 09:37:55 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 03:56:43PM +0100, François TOURDE wrote:
> Le 13957ième jour après Epoch,
> John Lee écrivait:
> >
> > Usually we just build the image, flash neo, then start to change
> > something in workdir, make it, scp it to neo, run it... repeat.
>
> I need to flash qemu in place of flashing neo (because I've no neo),
> but for the moment, there is a bug. A patch exists, but I'm not so
> fluent in bitbake ;) so I try to learn...

After u-boot svnr4230 this should be fixed in u-boot.

> > I have to admit I didn't use qemu much.  It would be great if you can
> > help us improving it.
>
> I've just followed the Wiki page about "using qemu". Without neo, it's
> the only way to try my apps.
>
> I don't know how I can help you, but I'll try. Tell me your needs, to
> check if I'm able to help ;)

I just tried the whole process with the patched u-boot and it works.
The next thing is probably the easy way to transfer stuffs from host
to target(qemu).  Try openmoko/qemu-upload.sh for this.

Also I have just put the usage of a few convenient scripts on wiki:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenMoko_under_QEMU#Convenient_Scripts

Regards,
John