Scrolling a list

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sun Mar 23 18:56:26 CET 2008

Am Samstag, den 22.03.2008, 15:05 -0300 schrieb Stefan Schmidt:
> > Also, is there any work being done on eflpp? and python-efl?
> >
> > A while back I did quite some work on python bindings for ETK, but it was then
> > decided to create bindings by parsing/generating from the C headers, which
> > Caio from INdT would work on fulltime I was told. Is there any progress made?
>
> I know that at least python-{evas,edje,ecore} are in a pretty good
> state. Gustavo and some guys from the INdT working on them a lot.
> Still I have no idea about the etk bindings.

Someone should download them from  http://staff.get-e.org and have a
look at the current state.

> > eflpp binding/wrapping is done manually judging from CVS. Isn't it wise to
> > also generate eflpp the same way?

This depends on what you actually want to achieve. python-efl is using a
slim-wrapper approach, eflpp was trying to use a high level abstraction
approach where you can't just autogenerate bindings, since you want the
binding to _feel_ like C++.

Since I did the initial work, I felt more and more uncomfortable with
some of C++'s language features. I no longer think C++ is the right
language for the application logic of GUI programs. I rather tend
towards Python and Vala.

So, I don't think eflpp will go anywhere soon.

:M: