SoC 2008 Info

Derek Ditch derek.ditch+om at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 18:00:43 CET 2008

Greetings!

I am interested in participating in Google SoC 2008.  One of the suggested
tasks was to port OpenMoko to the EZX platform.  I currently have a MOTO
MING and a ROKR E6.  These are both EZX platforms.  I've done some embedded
development in the past, although it has been more related to
micro-controllers.  I am graduating with a BS in Computer Science in May,
but will be starting a PhD program in Computer Science, with a focus on
computer security and distributed/parallel systems.

I'd like to discuss this in real-time a bit further prior to writing a
proposal.  You can find me lurking on FreeNode (and in #openmoko) as
'dcode'.  I'm really excited about this opportunity.  I would absolutely
love to be able to write native GTK apps for my mobile phone.

Thanks,
----
Derek