[Everyone] U-Boot Testing on 03252008

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Mar 28 13:08:45 CET 2008

Allen Lin wrote:
> I'm kind of confused about this function. Why do we need to load u-boot
> from NAND and boot into the kernel? If u-boot in NAND is normal, I just
> need to log in U-Boot Menu from NAND and boot into kernel. If u-boot in
> NAND is crash, I cannot boot from NOR Reset either. If I got some
> misunderstanding, please correct me.

The "reset" function is useful if you've changed something and want
u-boot to pick up the changes.

Example: you booted u-boot from NOR, then you uploaded a new u-boot to
NAND with DFU. Now you want to reset to boot the u-boot in NAND.

You could of course also obtain the same functionality through power
cycling.

- Werner