Questions regarding the wakeup interrupt

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Sat Mar 29 12:41:14 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 03:48:34AM +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:

> This means that we will need special suspend and resume preparations for the
> modem (which is fine). IIRC the apm bios emulation allows us to delay a
> suspend, e.g. until we have put the modem in a suitable state, and then ack
> the suspend request. Do you have a strong opinion to use apm for this task?

No, I have not really analyzed the different options here.

I would say that anything that can be modeled on existing kernel-level
interfaces (such as APM emulation) should use them.  If they cannot get
the job done, we should think about extending them.

The power related userspace/kernel interactions should be facilitated by
the kernel.  I think this is a reasonably low-level kind of thing that
shoud not have userspace dependencies (such as dbus) unless neccessarry.