Makefile responsibility?

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Thu May 1 00:41:25 CEST 2008

Thomas Wood wrote:
> This looks like the sane srcrev is missing for opkg. I believe this will
> have been caused because Tick asked for the revision to be
> "unfixed" (i.e. it should now track head).
>
> You'll need to ask an OpenEmbedded developer to look into this and fix
> as appropriate. In this case I think Julian made the change so I have
> CC'd him to this e-mail.

I'm sorry, but we went through a whole lot of pain and effort to make
sure that *everything* in the Openmoko image build was locked to a known
SVN revision (which people can *opt-in* to change by using
moko-autorev.inc), so "unfixing" something is simply not acceptable.

opkg must be left at a known good sane srcrev in sane-srcrevs.inc (and
it is the responsibility of the opkg developer to update that when a new
known-good tested version is available and intended for the general
public).  "Unfixing" should be done by adding it to moko-autorev.inc,
*not* by removing it from sane-srcrevs.inc.

-- Rod