Makefile responsibility?

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Thu May 1 00:44:45 CEST 2008

Lon Lentz wrote:
>  Is there a single point of contact within OM who is responsible for
> the Makefile?

You can see MokoMakefile responsibility at:

   https://projects.openmoko.org/projects/mokomakefile/

but that's not what you're actually looking for ...

> The number of issues using Makefile have been steadily
> climbing the last few months and the number of failures out number
> successful builds these days.

What you're seeing is problems with the Openmoko bitbake build recipes,
not the MokoMakefile (which is simply a convenience wrapper around that
OpenEmbedded-based build system).

> While I have gotten help from #openmoko
> for makefile issues in the past, no one really wants me spamming
> issues everyday till I get a response.
>
>  My current issue:
>
> NOTE: package opkg-0.0+svnr1-r3: task do_fetch: started
> NOTE: fetch http://downloads.openmoko.org/sources/opkg_svn.openmoko.org_.trunk.src.target._1_.tar.gz
> --11:54:28--  http://downloads.openmoko.org/sources/opkg_svn.openmoko.org_.trunk.src.target._1_.tar.gz
>            => `/home/cerebus/moko/sources/opkg_svn.openmoko.org_.trunk.src.target._1_.tar.gz'
> Resolving downloads.openmoko.org... 88.198.93.219
> Connecting to downloads.openmoko.org|88.198.93.219|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> 11:54:29 ERROR 404: Not Found.

This is a configuration problem in the opkg recipe, caused by an
improper change to sane-srcrevs.inc - when that improper change is
reverted, it should build again.

-- Rod Whitby
-- MokoMakefile author