Future Button and LED software spec

joerg at openmoko.org joerg at openmoko.org
Thu May 1 12:35:58 CEST 2008

Am Fr  18. April 2008 schrieb Jan Gundtofte-Bruun:
> FYI, I have started a Talk page for Mickey's LED wiki page. It's at
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Talk:FreeRunner/Buttons_and_LEDs
>
> My two cents, as I've written on the Talk page, is that:
>
> - It would be nice to have the option to not have a 'heartbeat' blinker. A
few
> of my friends have phones that do that, and I find it really annoying.
>
> - For the "both bluetooth and wireless" network modes, a double blink
(perhaps
> a short-long sequence) would be better than a continuous light, and might
even
> save battery.
>
> - About the "increased blinking" as the charge level of the battery
increases,
> I wonder if this means increasing *frequency*, or increasing blink
*duration*?
> Personally, I think I would prefer the latter. Quickly blinking lights might
> be stressful.

I think the *frequency* should increase with charging current, by somewhat
1/250 sec*mA^-1, meaning with 100mA charge you get 1 cycle every 2.5s, with
1A every 0.25s aka 4blinks/s.
Duty cycle (on/off) should increase with battery charge to 100% on while still
on charger but battery completely charged.

Feel free to add this to the wiki.

cheers
jOERG