Error in building the sample-source code from open moko toolchain

saurabh gupta saurabhgupta1403 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 17:48:08 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

This is saurabh gupta, junior, Electronics and Communication Engineering,
NSIT, india. I have been selected as GSoC student this year. i will be
working on speech recognition facility for open moko (
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/openmoko/appinfo.html?csaid=B631058E670ECFAC)
under the guidance of Luis G.Lira. Actually I got some problem in getting
started in open moko development.
I installed the tool chain given on site and followed the instructions given
here http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Toolchain.
but the sample source2 (
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Toolchain#Building_a_sample_project) is not
getting built. It says "C compiler cannot make executables". Although I have
installed all GNU C and C++ packages already, the error persists. I will be
grateful to know the solution for fixing it.

Also as a beginner, I would be thankful to know what other tools and
softwares are needed to develop application for open moko.

Regards....

--
Saurabh Gupta
3rd year,