Request for stable, automated build process

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Thu May 1 18:18:42 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 11:01 -0500, Bobby Martin wrote:
> I sent this before to openmoko-devel and was greeted with a deafening
> silence, so I'm resending to a broader audience.  As evidenced by a
> recent post to openmoko-devel by saurabh gupta, one of the GSoC
> selectees, this really is a problem.  The longer it's put off, the
> more potential benefits (in the form of community contributors who
> give up rather than improve OM) are lost.

OpenMoko (the software stack) is constantly changing and being updated.
It is still in the very early stages of development and does not have a
definite design specification or vision yet. I think until there are
more concrete plans for the software strategy, you cannot expect a
stable platform.

I'm not disagreeing with you here, just pointing out why these problems
arise.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/