Request for stable, automated build process

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Thu May 1 18:50:02 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 11:29 -0500, Bobby Martin wrote:

> I understand that your answer may well be the reason things are as
> they are, but I disagree strongly with the sentiment.
>
> To my mind, the first step after you have an early prototype of a
> system that works is to set up a continuous integration server that
> automatically builds, runs automated tests, and labels appropriately.
> Without that, any work you do is shooting in the dark.  This is (of
> course) particularly true for a distributed project, where you can't
> just yell over the wall to someone that they broke the build.

Well, there is buildhost.openmoko.org which builds images nightly. I've
been asking for the toolchain to be fixed and updated and I believe
Julian has this on his TODO list.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/