Is svn.openmoko.org unstable?

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Fri May 2 05:48:14 CEST 2008

Thomas Jensen wrote:
> Hi

hi thomas

> I would like to install qemu using MokoMakefile, but the download gets
> interrupted every time I try. I get no errors, it just simply stop
> downloading.

can you supply a log which shows what you mean with downloading?
some svn checkout?
or rather downloading images to run in qemu from the buildhost?

> I think I managed to get every file earlier today, and finally qemu
> started, but after boot it began to run very slow (after trying to set
> the time during boot), so after a few attempts I gave up and tried to
> make a new install. But I have not been able to get all the files
> because it gets interrupted every time. Can I download from somewhere
> else?

we moved our svn to a new server a few days ago, but you should not have
noticed that since we kept a read-only copy on the old machine active
till everybody got the dns update.
so there should have been no downtime there at all.

we know that there are sometimes problems to check out/build openmoko
which checks out svn, git, cvs and other repos from all over the world
due to 'bad ip' in between. this could be e.g. some transparent proxy
which breaks svn-dav or similar trickery.

what helps as a workaround in these cases is to use https:// urls
instead of http:// for the checkout and thus forcing the proxy to plain
copy data instead of fiddeling with it.

if you can provide some more logs/details i will happily look into it.

regards

--

Joachim Steiger
Openmoko Central Services