How to use the /dev/mixer on the Neo

Pranav Desai pranavadesai at gmail.com
Sun May 4 21:57:36 CEST 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 5:58 AM, Gilles Casse <gcasse at oralux.net> wrote:

> Pranav Desai wrote:
>

> > I am trying to port one voice recog. application I found on the internet
> > which uses the mic to record the voice. It works fine on my desktop, but on
> > the Neo it cant seem to get the mic device.
> >

> It could be perhaps worth to port this OSS application to PulseAudio, or
> just wrap it with the padsp command line:
>
> padsp my_OSS_app
>
> For info, a Google Summer of Code targets also speech recognition on
> Openmoko:
>

> http://code.google.com/soc/2008/openmoko/appinfo.html?csaid=B631058E670ECFAC

I dont know much about the implementation of this app cvoicecontrol. (
http://www.kiecza.net/daniel/linux/). Also it seems like a simpler command
recognition tool, rather than a full voice recognition app, which I think
would be very helpful for things like enabling fast charge and starting some
apps on the Neo.

But before I invest too much time into porting to pulseaudio, I want to see
if its usable enough on the Neo, hence I would like to port it with as
little changes as possible.

Thanks for you help.

-- Pranav