U-boot patches

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Tue May 13 05:20:52 CEST 2008

Francesco Albanese wrote:
> Thank you very much, you answered exactly to my question.
> Now I cannot go past do_compile:
>
> arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld: unrecognized option
> '-Wl,-rpath-link,/usr/local/openmoko/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lib'
> | arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld: use the --help option for usage information
> | make: *** [u-boot] Error 1
> | FATAL: oe_runmake failed

I don't think I can help with that as I don't get that error on my
system. For some reason your build environment is passing a "-Wl,"
option directly to 'ld' rather than calling 'gcc' to link files. For
reference, I'm building on OpenSuSE 10.3 x86_64 with MokoMakefile and
Autorev.

I have placed an updated version of the bitbake recipe and patches that
I'm using at
http://members.shaw.ca/mmontour/neo/u-boot-openmoko_head.tar.gz . I've
built it this evening and tested it briefly on my GTA01Bv4, but I make
no guarantees. A debug board is strongly recommended for anyone who
tests it (or anything else based on an upstream tree newer than 1.3.3-rc2).