Meta Toolchain Release (2008 May)

Pranav Desai pranavadesai at gmail.com
Tue May 13 18:25:41 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Guillaume Chereau <
guillaume_chereau at openmoko.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 16:19 -0700, Pranav Desai wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Julian <julian_chu at openmoko.com>
> > wrote:
> >         Hi all,
> >
> >          After fix some problems, I had put the newest meta toolchain
> >         downloads.openmoko.org.
> >
> >          If you are developing a single application, you can use
> >         meta-toolchain
> >         to build your onw application.
> >
> > I tried using this toolchain, but it fails with the following error on
> > om-conf. The sample program works fine with the old toolchain. This is
> > happening with the 32bit and 64bit versions of the new toolchain. Am I
> > missing something here ?
> >
> > om-conf openmoko-sample2
> >
> > configure: WARNING: In the future, Autoconf will not detect
> > cross-tools
> > whose name does not start with the host triplet.  If you think this
> > configuration is useful to you, please write to autoconf at gnu.org.
> > checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> > checking for DEPENDENCIES... configure: error: Package requirements
> > (libmokoui2 gconf-2.0) were not met:
> >
> > No package 'libmokoui2' found
> > No package 'gconf-2.0' found
> >
> > Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> > installed software in a non-standard prefix.
> >
> > Alternatively, you may set the environment variables
> > DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS
> > and DEPENDENCIES_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> > See the pkg-config man page for more details.
> >
> > FATAL: oe_runconf failed
> >
> > Let me know if you need more information.
> >
> > -- Pranav
> >

> >          please take a look of this Page.
> >
> >          http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Toolchain
> >
> >         Best Regards,
> >
> >         -Julian
> >
> I had the same problem. I finally made it work by using the
> script : /usr/local/openmoko/arm/environment-setup
> instead of /usr/local/openmoko/arm/scripts/script-env

Thanks! ...  now it does configure, but does your make succeeds ?

my make still fails with the following errors, so it seems like its still
using the system files ... this is just the start of make error, but I think
u get an idea.

In file included from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/galloca.h:30,
                 from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:30,
                 from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdktypes.h:32,
                 from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkcolor.h:31,
                 from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkcairo.h:23,
                 from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h:30,
                 from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:31,
                 from sample-main.c:19:
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:30:24: error: glibconfig.h: No such file
or directory