FCEUltra + SDL runs slowly on GTA02

Andre Devitt andredevitt at gmail.com
Tue May 13 21:36:25 CEST 2008

New to development on GTA02/openmoko and have a performance testing
question-

I built SDL libraries and FCEUltra [nes emulator] and it runs on the
GTA02 but very slowly [on actual hardware, not VM].

Any advice on tools/approaches to use to figure out where my cycles are
going?

I've used mplayer on the phone before and achieved reasonable fullscreen
performance watching videos, and I find it hard to believe that fceu
shouldn't be able to run at full speed on the phone.

Thanks for any help. If i'm missing something obvious feel free to just
send me a link to a webpage/documentation that I've somehow missed...
and then slap me.

Andre.