diversity-radar status

Andy Powell openmoko at automated.it
Mon May 19 11:18:10 CEST 2008

On Monday 19 May 2008 05:21, Erin Yueh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> There is a new toy called 'diversity-radar' and it is related to
> 'diversity' project. It's like a radar game and it displays all nearby
> NEO devices via diversity dbus daemon. I write this UI application in
> Python and it uses python EFL for UI effects. Currently, it is just a
> prototype one and I will go on working to make it more beautiful and
> have more useful functions.
>
> If you have interests, you may check 'diversity' project site:
> http://projects.openmoko.org/projects/diversity/
>
> Also, you can checkout the source code here:
> http://projects.openmoko.org/scm/?group_id=118
>
> The current status:
> * it can communicate with diversity-daemon and listen signals
> * it can retrieve self NEO and other NEO devices geometry information
> * it has a scanning effect to present nearby NEO devices location
>
> to-do list:
> * display circle effect
> * use python-etk and embed a canvas
> * write a bitbake recipe
> * make it more modulized

Just out of interest did you take a look at libgrapple [1] ? I started looking
at it for my tracking application - but for your application it seems to be a
perfect fit being specifically designed to update data to/from multiple
users..

did this come up before, I'm getting deja vu...

[1] http://opensource.linuxgamepublishing.com/grapple.php
--

Andy / ScaredyCat