[Announcement] Switch to git for the OpenEmbedded metadata and Bitbake

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Tue May 20 11:14:33 CEST 2008

Hey,

I try to keep this rather short, so if you have any questions please ask them.
To unify our tools we have reduced the number of SCMs to learn from three to
two. This means we only use subversion and git for now. I have moved the
Openembedded metadata from monotone to git.

People needing commit access to our git repository send a public ssh key to
roh, gismo, me, or whoever you think is qualified to add it to the
authorized_keys on git.openmoko.org.

An updated MokoMakefile will, thanks to Rod, follow shortly.

A git heat sheet is here [1].

People without commit access:

1.) Install git (git-core)
2.) Get Bitbake:
	git clone git://git.openmoko.org/git/bitbake.git bitbake-om

3.) Get the OpenEmbedded data:
	git clone git://git.openmoko.org/git/openmoko.git openmoko
4.) Setup OE the usual way.
5.) git-diff to see diffs, git-commit to commit, git-format-patch
origin/org.openmoko.april-update to prepare your patches you want to send
upstream.
6.) git-pull to update

People with commit access:

1.) Install git (git-core)
2.) Get Bitbake:
	git clone git+ssh://git@git.openmoko.org/var/cache/git/bitbake.git bitbake-om

3.) Get the OpenEmbedded data:
	git clone git+ssh://git@git.openmoko.org/var/cache/git/openmoko.git openmoko
4.) Setup OE the usual way.
5.) git-diff, git-commit, git-push to push changes upstream
6.) git-pull to update

sorry for the long mail.

	z.

[1] http://ktown.kde.org/~zrusin/git/git-cheat-sheet-medium.png